Sweet Blue Ribbons

We hit the Vigo County Fair last week and it was awesome. I love the fair because of all of the the animals. Sarah gets annoyed because I want to visit all of them and hang out for a while. My favorite areas are the pigs and goats. They're all hilarious. Pigs just hang out, act hot, and hit each other with their noses. Goats live life pretty aloof. They don't have a care in the world except for what else they can try to eat.
My biggest complaint about the fair is the $3 fee to park.....it's ridiculous. I'll gladly hand over $5 for a small lemon shakeup, but $3 to park? Come on!
Makayla had a fashion show and both her and Sadie wore outfits that she made. Pretty good work. Much better than I would have done. Plus, Makayla got a huge purple ribbon on a quilt that she made. Not too bad on that either. (I would elaborate on the ribbons, but I'm not sure what they all mean)
Here's the future Fair queen in action....Check out Sadie working the runway.
Check out the pig and the goats. I told you they were sweet. Goats rock! I would have gotten pictures with all of them if I would had time and a willing photographer (Sarah gets tired of me standing there petting them all and I think she would have refused to take any more pictures).
Either way, I can't wait for the 2009 Fair. I missed the demolition derby this year, so I may have to double up next year and go both nights. I'm sure it will be won AGAIN by someone from West T. As if anyone could beat us at the the demo derby.

Comments

Anonymous said…
just a little reminder and your first reality check- next year you will have a kid. the derby is too loud for him/her. let's wait and see if you get to GO!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous said…
Hi Pigg Family: Sounds like everyone had a great time and Congrats to all the kids for placing at the fair.
Jerry and Della
Mary Ann said…
Believe it or not, I was once working the runway at the 4H Fashion Revue. So was my sister - she made it to the State Fair level. Now that was a fun day for the family, watching a bazillion 4H chicks model their clothes. Good times...
Anonymous said…
you better hope your Emma doesn't see this, since you totally left her grand champion project out.
Anonymous said…
The new addition to your family will have a little West T blood in him/her so he/she will probably be driving a derby car next year. Dont worry about being able to attend, worry more about finding pedal extentions...

Popular Posts