Dirt Fest 2011

We had an awesome time at Dirt Fest 2011.  As promised, I dominated the carnie food area by consuming sati-babi's, part of an elephant ear, a giant tenderloin, some curly fries, a lemon shake-up, and part of an ice cream cone to finish it off. 
For those of you that suggest that the Dirt Fest is over-rated...I implore you....please don't let your children miss this next year.  No one, and I mean no one should be deprived of the opportunity to witness the crazy displays of humanity that are put on at the Dirt Fest.  Need proof?  Just look at Sarah and India.  They love it!
Emma and Isaac came with us and we met Makayla, Sadie, Deniese, and Trent there.  It was bracelet night so Isaac and Sadie had unlimited rides on anything (which worked out nice).  I think we were actually the ones who benefited the most, because India was able to ride all of the rides that she loves with them while Sarah and I watched.  Good stuff!
No question, the best part of the Dirt Fest is the people and the people watching.  You're probably wondering what was popular this year.  Here is my short list of "What's Hot --- Dirt Fest 2011":
1. Neck tattoos
2. Dirty wife beaters
3. Fat rolls that hang over your shorts
4. Shirts that are 2 sizes two small and show off your huge belly (the same belly that hangs over your shorts)
5. Trent impersonators
6. Carnies picking fights with people attending the Dirt Fest (I was a close witness to this twice that night)
7. Having only 5 teeth
8. Mullets
9. Spending an entire welfare check to win three goldfish worth approximately 8 cents
10. Blowing smoke from your cigarette on all of the kids in line next to you
11.  Greasy food...and lots of it
There you have it....that's what went on this year. 
Here's a great shot of Trent and Isaac on the Storm.  Or, at least I think it's Trent....I don't know since he was accused of being someone else by two random people that night. 
India doing what her dad taught her to do best....eat ice cream!  Unfortunately, she has not mastered the art of sharing yet.  My kid rocks!
I know it just ended, but I can't hardly wait for next year!

Comments

Anonymous said…
We'll be there with you! Family Tradition. Maybe we can entice Dennymac to bring Lily.

Popular Posts