I'm pretty Optimistic

I was swore in as the Terre Haute Breakfast Optimist Club President last week. I'm not sure whether that is a good or bad thing yet....but, with the title of our club, I'm going to be optimistic and say that it can only be a good thing. For those of you who don't know, the Optimist's are a service club that raises money to support the youth or kids in our community. Can you believe that they put their trust in me to lead them??? I can't either.
Our club had a great dinner (and drinks) at Carosi's. Thank you to everyone who attended and offered me their support (I will need a lot more of it over the course of the next year). Our outgoing President, Rich Dunkin, did a great job last year and I hope that I can keep the club in line like he did. Rich also gave me my "official" Presidents gavel at the dinner.
If you like Italian food, you should give Carosi's a shot. Mark Roman (a fellow Optimist --- wearing the pink or salmon shirt above) bought the business in the last few years and it looks great inside....and most importantly, the food is good.

Comments

Popular Posts