Big Weekend - Ahead

A couple of big things are happening this weekend. Sarah and I celebrate our 4th anniversary (did anyone really think that she would stay with me this long?), I celebrate my 30th birthday (did anyone really think that I would make it to 30?), and Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell fights Rashad Evans (does anyone really think that The Iceman can be beat by this fool?). Does anyone have any good anniversary gift ideas? I need to get something by tomorrow. My first few thoughts are: 1) a waffle iron (so she can make me waffles); and, 2) a new swiffer (so she can clean the floors while making me waffles).
Chuck fights this Saturday night. It's a great card that will also feature Rich Franklin fighting Matt Hammill at 205 lbs and Dan Henderson fighting again at 185 lbs. After Chuck walks through Rashad Evans, expect to see him fighting Forrest Griffin for the title.

In another UFC twist, Randy Couture will be back in the UFC to fight Brock Lesnar in October for the belt. It's amazing how quick you can come crawling back to honor your contract after you lose in court! Dana clearly wants Brock to be the heavyweight champ. While I think he is unbelievably talented (he is HUGE, strong, and really fast for the monster that he is), his ground game is crap! He should have submitted Heath Herring in the first round last fight...instead that fight went to a decision. Still, I think he has a good chance of beating Couture just based on the fact that Randy is 45 years old and hasn't been in the cage for over a year. Denny had a great idea, he thinks that Randy should walk to the center of the cage and fake a leg injury and just tapout before a punch is thrown.....and then smile as he collects his check. I like this idea because he is honoring his contract to fight and he is taking huge money from the UFC while turning it into the circus that they apparently want it to be. (in true WWE style, maybe they should let Randy bring a chair into the cage?).

Is anyone else getting tired of the UFC's antics? How would you like to be the current heavyweight champion Nogueira and find out that they are pretty much taking your belt away and giving it to someone else just because of who they are. What a slap in the face to Nogueira.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i vote waffle iron-then she can make us pancakes too!!!!!
Anonymous said…
Happy B-day little brother!
Unknown said…
Happy Birthday Daniel. A little advice, If you want to make your
5th anniversary, skip the waffle iron and spend some time behind the swiffer as a gift.

Jerry in NJ
Anonymous said…
Happy 30th Birthday to my wonderful husband. And Happy 4th Anniversary! I woke up this morning to the smell of breakfast cooking. What a wonderful start to the day when a hot cooked breakfast is ready for you on the table!
My wonderful husband also got me a new pair of running shoes (which I badly needed) and soon, a new elliptical machine will be arriving! If I had not been asking for the elliptical, I would think he was trying to tell me something... like "Happy Anniversary honey. You are fat. Get off the couch and go workout!"

Popular Posts