Baby's Room (posted by Sarah)

I love this butterfly mobile. This is probably my favorite piece in her room. The crib was actually Kyle's old crib that Mom had in the attic. It worked perfect!
Some custom artwork for the room. She will never learn to spell correctly with us as parents.

Daniel did a great job painting this old dresser we got from my Granny's house. With a few coats of white paint and new hardware, it almost looks like the dresser I wanted to order from Pottery Barn, only about $600 less.

Well... we still have some work to do, but for the most part, the baby's room is finally coming together. With only 3 weeks to go, it is about time! I had such a hard time deciding on things, especially the colors. We both agreed that we were not into a themed or character room, so I went with something simple. We didn't want to paint since we are trying to sell the house, so we did what we could aside from that to make it feel like a little girl's room. I still need to find some mirrors to put above the dresser, a new lamp, and a side table for the rocker (I am sure Daniel will disagree with this). Once we get a few more things on the walls, it will feel a little more complete. She has everything she needs now, so whenever she is arrives, we will be ready! Well, I guess I shouldn't say ready, because we both still have no clue what to do with a baby. How to feed it, change it, bathe it. We have been waiting on our manual in the mail any day now on how all this will go, but it has yet to arrive. Maybe they will give it to us at the hospital.

A special thank you to everyone for all the baby shower gifts! We cannot thank you enough. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. Without your help, Daniel probably would have had a heart attack if we had to do this all alone. We didn't realize how much a baby really needs until we started shopping around. Thank you Somer, Erin, Mom, Mary, Grandma, and the ladies at work for the three wonderful baby showers!

We cannot wait for our little girl to arrive any day now. For those of you still wondering, we have yet to decide on a name. We will surprise you all once she arrives!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a beautiful room for your little girl. You will do fine, feeding, changing, and all the other duties, but most of all..just holding, kissing, loving is all you need to do the rest just happens. Love Ya, Della and Jerry
Mary Ann said…
What a beautiful room, Sarah! I love the butterfly mobile, too. So delicate & pretty!
Unknown said…
Hi Sarah!
I love the room! I think the butterfly mobile is adorable too and good job on the "Pigg" artwork. Super Cute! Hope you are doing well and I can't wait to hear the news when she arrives.
Love ya,
Cody

Popular Posts