How about this for a nice Friday headline ---- pay close attention to the top left story about the ISU assistant. Apparently it was a slow news day. Good for him though.

It's been 10 days that I've been away from the blog.....sorry for the absence. It seems that I have more work than I can handle on my hands right now; but, that's a good thing right? It's a good thing that I'm a human dynamo, otherwise, I would get buried in this fast paced life and probably wind up in a van down by the river eating pork and beans out of those over sized cans and talking about the time in grade school when I was really cool. I think you all remember it well...I was the pleasantly plump kid on the end of the bench who had a mullet and wore high top tennis shoes to play baseball. (Kastigar was on my team that year. We saw about the same amount of playing time).

It's Friday again. If you were around me enough, you would know that it's Friday because of the khaki pants and light blue collared shirt that I wear......life is predictable sometimes.

I'll catch you all up on what's going on lately:

1. It's raining all the time. Rain isn't bad until you try to build something and the ground is saturated. Needless to say, the apartments are already about 2 1/2 weeks behind schedule. Some people say that there are two certainties in life; death and taxes. I disagree. There are at least three certainties in life; death, taxes, and the fact that a contractor (and your house or apartments) will always be behind schedule).
2. DeAnna and Clint sold their house. This is cool because now they can build a house out at the Green Valley property. I'm excited because I like arranging the building projects. There is one downside to this....they have to be out of their home by May 1st. If only I had that van down by the river that I previously mentioned, they could come live with me. They will be looking for temporary housing arrangements while they build their house.
3. We're having a solid year so far at the agency. Losses have been down and we've been writing a lot of policies. I'm thinking that I should get some type of award for being such a great agent. Maybe I'll do something nice for myself and splurge a little (like have dinner at the Golden Corral).
4. Sarah and I wen to see the movie Drillbit Taylor last night. The movie was good, but the popcorn was better. A little tip for everyone though...don't ever see another movie at the theaters again. It cost us $18 for tickets and $11 for popcorn and a drink.......absolutely ridiculous. I won't be going back for a while. Well, not unless they bring Dirty Dancing back to the big screen....I love that movie. ("Nobody sits baby in a corner").....no, I don't actually like it. I'm more of a Fight Club and Office Space fan.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"Dirty Dancing"??? Did your wife take the keyboard away in the middle of your post?
Anonymous said…
Only in the USA does 'head job' make the front page of the paper!

Popular Posts