Dax Loves Warm Weather

Now that Spring is here and warm weather is here to stay (we think), Dax is loving life. He lives to go for walks, chase birds, and lounge in any type of water hole that he can find.
His love of all of this is only topped by one thing......sleeping in the sunshine. His favorite spots are on the porch and in the living room (where he can get the sun to shine through the windows and warm him up).
Dax will usually run at least a couple of miles with me each day that I run. The picture above shows how he celebrates at the end of the run. I end up spraying him down about every day in the Summer, but he loves it, so it's worth it.

Sarah took all of these pics after we went for a walk and I thought they showed Dax's lifestyle pretty good. He lives to hang out in the sun, lay in water holes, and party. He's the modern day Spuds McKenzie, but without all of the beer endorsements.

Comments

Anonymous said…
has dax been complaining he doesn't get enough blog time or have you gone soft?
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Ann said…
What kind of dog is Dax? I'm thinking about getting a dog & I want a medium/large sized one that can go running with me & be a bit of a deterrent if weird-os or destruct-os come sniffing around my house.
Anonymous said…
Dax is a weimaraner (I think I spelled that correctly). He is about 90 pounds maybe... give or take a little. Weimaraners are usually hyper dogs and he was a little when he was younger, but for the most part, he is pretty well behaved. He sounds mean when someone comes to the door and good for scaring off the weird-os... but wouldn't hurt a fly. I like to think that he would protect me if forced into that situation, but I wouldn't count on it. Weimaraners need a lot of exercise usually, so they would be a good running buddy for you Mary Ann.
Mary Ann said…
Sarah, thanks for the info. on Dax. He sure is a great looking dog & he does sound like a good running buddy...something to think about!

Popular Posts