We Love DirtFest

DirtFest is on! (we have appropriately renamed the Banks of the Wabash Festival as "DirtFest") There are various reasons for the renaming; perhaps it could be the overabundance of mullets, Keystone Light tank tops, pregnant teenagers, missing teeth, pit bulls on a leash in a public park, bare midriffs on obese ladies, large number of carnies, and the number of people walking around missing shoes (and formal education).....just to name a few.
Sarah, India, Makayla, Isaac, Emma, Sadie and I all made it out to the opening night. Everyone had a great time. We rode some rides and had great food. As for me, I went with a tenderloin, 1 1/2 orders of chili cheese fries, a strawberry lemon shake-up (which was a huge mistake), half and elephant ear, and part of a sati-babi. I literally rolled to the car and had to loosen the belt a little for the drive home. Lucky for me there's a little extra room in my shorts (insert joke here).
And, we won two goldfish. Unfortunately, we spent $10 on two buckets of ping pong balls to win them. $5 per goldfish isn't a bad deal, is it?
Isaac got a sweet refillable root beer mug that you can refill for $1 anytime that you have the mug. The vendor sets up at a ton of festivals so it is a cool deal. Plus, you get to pick from six different flavors of root beer, sarsaparilla, cream soda, etc....and you get to pull on the lever to fill your mug. It's a pretty unique business idea and the marketing side of it is pretty cool (the concession trailer looks like a big barrel and the dispensers are shaped like barrels). I'll post the link if I can find it.
I may try to talk Sarah into one more trip down there to look at some of the vendor stands. It's pretty much state law that if you go there you have to buy a box of stink bombs and one of those invisible dog leashes or a pair of skin tight shorts that says "Juicy" on the butt. I'm going to look in those!

Comments

Anonymous said…
The girls had a great time. Thanks for taking them.....thankfully, your bargain fish went to another home.
Joyman said…
We refer to it as "The Dirty Toe!"
"The Dirty Toe"....I like it!

Glad to hear everyone had fun. I'm inclined to think the fish lived about 2 hours after someone got them home. The sad life of a carnie fish.

Popular Posts