Touring the Country

Canada is a country???? Isn't it. How cool is this resort? We had a huge lunch here. Our second day was the Mountain and Waterfall tour. Sarah and I were both pretty excited to see the country and hopefully some wildlife too (for those of you wondering, I didn't take my bow as hunting is not allowed in the national forest).

We hit about 6 different places that included waterfalls, glaciers, and tons of great mountain and park scenery. This isn't exactly a place for kids or the elderly because we had a lot of walking and hiking to do. For the outdoorsman though, it is awesome. I wish any type of comparable park somewhere close to us. On the drive back, we got to stop and watch a black bear by the side or the road. I'm sorry to report that we didn't get to see any elk, moose, or grizzly on our trip. But, I did see a ton of them on the postcards in the gift shops, so I'm going to count that. Notice how this bear is right by the railroad tracks. Around 10 bears a year get smoked by trains in this area. This wouldn't happen if they would just let me sit near the tracks with my bow. These are the crazy prairie dogs that were just down the road from our resort. They are a neat little animal and they'll come right up to you to get food if you sit still.

Comments

Popular Posts