3 Day Weekend

I got some rough feedback on my last post. I guess it's good to hear that people are actually paying attention a little bit to what is on here. I was just rambling on while I was sitting at my desk. I'm not upset or depressed. As a matter of fact, I'm great. I'm probably much better than you. I'm probably better looking, smarter, and my Saturn Vue probably has newer tires than your vehicle (it's a 4 cylinder and I smoked the last set off pretty quick, so I had to get new ones already). I'm only kidding about all of this. No, no I'm not.

We've got a big weekend ahead of us. Tomorrow I'm going to start it off by doing some work on a couple of the rentals and then I'm heading out to the property to clear a little more of our land off. Our building site is started, so I'm pretty pumped about that. After that, I've got to hustle home to get ready for the Thralls/Lozier wedding. It's a catholic wedding that I don't want to attend (no offense to the bride or groom).....it's just that all weddings are long and boring. I planned on skipping it and heading right to the reception, but Sarah said no. The reception is at the Ohio Building. I think you all know what that means......wedding cake. I'm going to eat my weight in it. I already called over their and had them put me a pint of milk on to chill.
Sunday may find us at the Little Italy Festival and then Monday will be a wildcard day. Who knows what will happen on Monday.

Could this be my baby?

Let us all pray together that the next 2 months fly by. If you are like me, then you are already tired of all of the presidential hoopla on tv, the radio, and the internet everyday. I wish I could write one of their speeches for them. It definitely wouldn't start off with "I'm an everyday guy just like you and I grew up struggling to make it through Princeton and Harvard".
I'm not sure about you, but I don't know ANY person like you or I who went to Princeton AND Harvard. Try applying to Harvard today and let me know how that goes for you if you are an "ordinary" person. Actually, don't waste your time and the application fee. Give me the $75 application fee and I will take you out back and kick you in the junk and tell you that you're never getting into Harvard because you aren't connected and wealthy enough already.

Comments

Hello Daniel. Let me introduce myself; I'm Brendan (Brian's 2nd cousin or something like that). I'm in the football pool with you. I saw that Brian always puts your website at the bottom of his messages and I thought that I would check it out. Anyway just wanted to make a little comment about your "Harvard/Princeton" blog. Let me tell you, every now and then an ordinary guy, like myself, slips through the cracks and gets into an Ivy League school. In fact, you would be really surprised about how many regular dudes go to these schools. There is plenty of beer being consumed. haha. Anyway the moral of my story is, don't discourage your children, or future children, from trying to go to an Ivy, that is, of course, unless, you want to waste a shi* load of money when they can get just as good of an education at a state school! Good luck in the pool and take it easy.

-Brendan
Brendan, let me first express my apologies to you for being related to Brian. Next, I have to welcome you to the Pigg blog. We love visitors and regulars.
I'll work on my kid getting into an Ivy League school, but I don't know that it will happen. My kid will probably be lucky to make it through high school.
Good to have you aboard!
Joy said…
I came here for the concrete footer pictures (husband and I are dealing with an odd angle on one). Saw this Harvard / Princeton bit. Harvard actually has some of the best financial aid going. http://www.fao.fas.harvard.edu/fact_sheet.htm By building up the endowment over, well, centuries, they have the money to back this up even if the economy tanks worse than it already is. So, in 17-odd years, check back in with them if daughter kidlet turns out to like the books. (Yup, I went there, and it doesn't stop me from doing useful work either [wink].)

Popular Posts