DirtFest 2008

Sarah, Emma, Issac and I made our annual trek to DirtFest on Monday. The weather was half rain and half sun, so it made for a sweet day. Our butts were wet after the first ride. We cranked it out with the usual stuff.......rides were first (before we ate), then it was over to the food (3 tacos in a bag, 1 foot long corn dog, 1 large coke, and one super large lemon shake-up). What happened to the elephant ear or funnel cake that I was going to get? Next, we made our way back to main stretch and played some games. Isaac showed off his shooting skills, but came up a little short on the "shoot the star out" game. On a side note, nobody in the history of man has ever won when playing the "shoot the star out" game. It's one of the biggest rips out there. But not quite the biggest......I'm getting to that. We then played the gold fish game and won 4 gold fish. Cost to play the goldfish game = $10. It's safe to say that uncle Daniel is a sucker. I could have bought a hundred goldfish for that much.
Sarah and Isaac rode together on the boat ride while Emma and I laughed at the other end because we weren't sure who was going to get sick first. I voted for Isaac.

We didn't get a chance to buy any stink bombs this year.....yet (we still have until this weekend).

And, Sarah and Isaac raced on the Fun Slide. I think Isaac may have edged her out in the race. The 4 fish that we won were quickly named based on their characteristics; we came up with Izek, Stinky, Shaniqua, and Shanaynay.

3 Tacos in a bag = $15 1 foot-long corn dog = $6 1 Lemon shake-up $4.50 1 large Coke = $4.00 16 Ride tickets = $20 3 games = $11 Watching Isaac almost throw up on every ride = Priceless

Comments

Mary Ann said…
Sounds like a good time, Daniel! For everyone but Isaac, maybe? ;-) I've got some great childhood memories of Dirt Fest myself. Haven't made it there this year, but I still have a couple of days!
Anonymous said…
Uncle Daniel, you have another vote for Worst Uncle of the Year. I anxiously awaited a call from you inviting me and Sadie to tag along. I'll try not to cry myself to sleep tonight.
Anonymous said…
With a comment like that you should be up for.....The Worst Uncle EVER award. Booooooooo Daniel
Anonymous said…
Next time I see you, I am going to punch you in the face... I knew I told you to leave my house for a reason.... "I'm seerrweus"...
Your other forgotten niece... SADIE....

Popular Posts