Deer Season

I know it's still about 5 months away, but it's hard to quit thinking about deer season. Sandy from our office rekindled the fire again this morning when she sent me pictures of a doe and fawn that laid down in the yard behind her house.
This is a little guy that she said could barely walk.
The mother got spooked and ran off; but, have no fear nature lovers, the mom will come back for her. And that's a good think for me. I need to get him fattened up so he/she can come by my tree stand in a few years. Now is a great time to drive around the fields and look for the fawns with their mothers. We always have a couple of fawns out in the fields by our house. It's hard to look at them without thinking, "They're going to be good eatin' in a few years".

Comments

Anonymous said…
ummm... deer steak!
Anonymous said…
Daniel and whoever Pigghunter is...
PLEASE..PLEASE...PLEASE..DO NOT KILL BAMBI AND HER MOTHER, just go to WalMart and by hamburger OK.
Thanks, Della

Popular Posts