Storms Brewing

Storm season is upon us once again. No, I don't mean the political storm that has bombarded us with radio and TV ads and thousands of signs...I mean the nasty weather storms that knock out our cable TV when we're watching our favorite show (for anybody keeping track, my favorite show is Magnum PI ---- there's just something about those shorts he wears and that sweet mustache! Only kidding! My favorite show is actually The Office. Storm season is a time when insurance agents cringe at the sight of the darkening sky and the feel of the wind picking up. I almost shed a tear every time we get a call telling us that one's roof or siding has been dented, dinged, or destroyed. Yes, I love insurance that much! Or, maybe it's the sound of dollars of damage running through my head and the thought of our agency loss ratio going down the tubes....either way, I get emotional.
On a positive note, a storm this week did bring us this beautiful rainbow. I was in Effingham, Illinois for a meeting and got a few pics of this. I immediately had to stop at the local IGA and satisfy my sudden hunger for Lucky Charms.
So, when the next storm blows though, remember to call your agent and tell them how much you love them....they may need the pick me up.

Comments

Popular Posts