Memorial Day and Indianapolis 500 Action

Memorial weekend means tons of events for most of us. Between the cookouts, swimming, and blazing heat, it's exhausting. Oh, and I forgot to mention the little race called the Indianapolis 500. Denny and dad went over to the race this year and said they had a great time (a great but really hot time). The Indy 500 has struggled with declining attendance since 1996. Apparently it takes a change of leadership (and 14 years) to alter the downward spiral of attendance, cars entered, and sponsor support.......we'll see what the new speedway CEO has in mind. I'm a race fan, but Indianapolis offers one of the most boring tracks in all of Nascar racing and Indy car racing.
And, when Danica Patrick overshadows the racing on the track because she can wear a tight shirt and act really, really, really, really poorly, you know there's a problem.

We had a few people over on Saturday night to watch the UFC fights. Rampage Jackson fought Rashad Evans in the main event. Just as expected, Rashad took the win by decision (I hate it when I'm right). If everyone remembers, I sent Rampage a letter a few years ago offering to fight him after he defeated Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell. I strongly dislike Rampage; however, I dislike Rashad even more. It's too bad that Rampage didn't knock him out.

On Sunday, Sarah and I took India to the park and to visit the horses and alpacas over at St. Mary of the Woods. It ended up being a pretty good day for us. We closed it out by sitting in our house watching a hail storm pound our yard and both vehicles....not the ending we had hoped for, but I think we came out OK.

Comments

Joyman said…
Dude, I must challenge you on your Indy 500 comments. While I agree that watching NASCAR on our sacred speedway is like "Highway Traffic", Indy Car racing is extemly exiting if your not in the snakepit.(Just bragging on how good my seats are!!) While attendance was around 350,000, That less than pre '96 but they have capped the masses in the infield.
Rock on ,,,JOY

Popular Posts