I Want to Be a Rockstar

The Strikeforce fights were awesome. Jones, Trent, Matt and I stayed at the fighters hotel in downtown St. Louis and got to meet almost every fighter. For those of you interested: Strikeforce Heavyweight Champ Alistair Overeem, UFC Champ Anderson Silva (no pics with Silva though), Renzo Gracie and a bunch of other Gracie's, Kevin Randleman, Strikeforce Champ King Mo Lawal, and Brett Rogers. Also saw Dan Henderson, Robbie Lawler, Frank Shamrock, Antonio Silva, and Andre Arlovski. It was a great weekend...that I extended by a few extra hours by taking a wrong turn on the way home. I guess Springfield, Illinois isn't on the way home from St. Louis (sorry Trent)!

Thanks to the Rockstar Energy Drink girls for tons of fun last Saturday night (not really tons of fun...actually it was probably closer to 420 pounds of fun). These girls were all over me. It's a tough life when you are blessed with good looks.
Check out Jones with the legend Renzo Gracie (and a few other Gracie's). Everyone got in pics with him except Trent. He is a devout Matt Hughes fan and shunned Gracie. Pretty funny.

King Mo, Trent and Jones. Is Mo throwing up a gang sign?
Kevin Randleman, Jones and I. All the fighters came back to the hotel bar area after the fights and we got some good pics with several of them. I'll be the first to say, Kevin Randleman was a really nice guy. I guess I was expecting him to drop me with a right to the jaw and then curse me for asking for a picture. He was humble in defeat and really made it a point to talk to everyone.
Who's going to the next fight with me?
Two sidenotes: 1. Alistair Overeem is a beast....255 lbs of pure muscle....he looks like the hulk; and 2) you can thank Jones for the poor quality pictures taken from his cell phone. He should know that I demand better for my blog.

Comments

Popular Posts