My CoolBot Has Arrived - Walk-In Cooler Coming Soon

We are in the middle of a large addition at The Sycamore Winery. The addition will give us room for lots of storage, our bottling line equipment, bulk grain, and my favorite part....a walk in cooler.
After researching options, we found that a standard walk-in cooler that is the size that we need would cost us over $14,000.   That's a pretty hefty number to process for a small business. 
After a little more research, I found a young company that is producing a product called the CoolBot that allows you to "hijack" a standard air conditioner, and then with a little effort, build out and insulate your space, and save thousands of dollars.   The CoolBot can be purchased at www.storeitcold.com for $350.  The site also has tons of helpful articles, pics, etc. 
Our cooler is approximately 8' deep by 18' wide by 8' tall.  I'll be hooking the my CoolBot shown above to an LG 24,500 BTU window air conditioner (model LW2516ER - purchased on Amazon for $599 with free delivery). 
I'm building out 6" exterior walls and then applying 6" spray foam insulation to make the space air tight and have a high r-factor (making it pretty efficient). 
In total, I will have approximately $2,500 (and sweat equity) in a cooler that would have cost over $14,000.  

Comments

Popular Posts