Worst Job Ever!

Put this on your list of worst jobs ever......core drilling concrete.  I'll explain.....our basement walls are poured concrete that is 10" thick.  In order to get water, power, and gas in, and get waste water out, you have to drill through the walls....leaving an opening to run pipe through.  
The picture above shows a few of the 4" holes that were drilled. 
Basically, you take a giant drill (with a giant concrete bit) that is hooked up to a water feed and then start drilling.  It's messy because of all of water and concrete sludge and your arms are shot after about 10 minutes.  Luckily, I'm built like the Incredible Hulk; otherwise, my arms may have gotten tired.
It is a crazy hard thing to do and it now ranks on my top 8 worst jobs list.  The pics above and below show what the concrete looks like after you pull it out.  This is a 5" diameter piece shown below.  I missed drilling this one, but they said it took them over an hour.
Let me know if you need any paper weights!

Comments

Popular Posts