Opening Morning

The first day of deer season is upon us. I can only hope that I will have another good year out in the woods. But let's be serious, every year out in the woods is a good one. Even if I don't take down the giant buck I want to, it's still unbelievable to be out there and watch everything around you. I love it.

It wasn't a good start for me though. I had an 8:30 meeting, so I was forced to miss opening morning. It was a perfect morning too. I don't even know if I can call myself a hunter anymore after missing the opening morning. I'll probably start receiving hate mail from other hunters. Everyone will start to chastise me and call me a sell out insurance agent. Life will slowly start to collapse around me....all of this because I missed the first morning of hunting. (Don't laugh, it could happen)

I'll be out in the woods this week and this weekend though. Doing everything I can to redeem myself. Wish me luck! (Sarah is wanting another mounted deer head in our house!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
You think missing opening morning is bad, wait until next year when the little one is there... If I am in the woods more than 2 days, I will consider myself lucky!

Popular Posts