Covered Bridge is the Coolest

Just so there is no misunderstanding, let me say upfront that I did not go to the Covered Bridge Festival to find a new "man purse". The bag that I have isn't a "man purse", it's a gentleman's soft leather bag that allows me to carry all of my books, etc. Enough about that though, lets talk about the real reason that more than 2 million people attend this crazy festival every year....the food!

Here was my first (and best) score of the festival. It's a spiral sliced potato that is fried and then loaded with toppings. Only one word for this one....exquisite.
Sarah did what she does best at every festival, carnival, street fair, etc.......she found the roasted nuts booth and went crazy. Should I mention that Sarah made 2 stops to get food before I had made my first stop. Total stops on the day for her = 3. This kid is already costing me money.
This was Tara and Lily's first trip to the festival, so we went up to Bridgeton and checked out a bunch of booths and then got down to business with the food. It was blazing hot out in the sun, but Lily did pretty good and slept about the whole time. Check out the sweet kid carrier that Denny has her in. I've got to get one of those for Dax.

The picture above is the new bridge that was built to replace the bridge than an arsonist burnt in 2004. Darn firebugs. They rebuilt the bridge with old hand tools and large timbers that were crafted on site. For those of you who aren't much for nostalgia, (Denny and I aren't), you have to ask yourself, "why wouldn't they just rebuild it with modern electric power tools and modern building materials?". It would have saved them time and money. What do we know though?
After the festival, we dropped Lily off with Sadie so she could watch her while we all went to dinner. We were only gone a couple of hours. While we were gone, they made the coon skin hat that Lily is wearing.

Comments

Popular Posts