We Now Have a Portico (Glorified Drive-Thru)

Framing is still rolling along.   Our portico was added on late last week.  Every time I'm on the second floor and looking over the edge and at the portico I can't help but think of the U2 song Vertigo:
Hello, Hello (¡Hola!)
I'm at a place called Vertigo (¿Dónde está?)
It's everything I wish I didn't know


I thing it's more fitting to replace the word Vertigo with Portico.  I'm not expecting much laughter here, but in my mind it's funny. 
For those of you not wanting to ask, a portico is a glorified word for drive-thru.  Kind of like what they have at McDonald's and Hardee's.   The only difference is that we will have competent people inside our place.
The portico kicks off the west side of our house, allowing you to drive through it and park in the garage --- or park under it if you are a guest.
 The space over the portico on the second floor will house our master bathroom.
 Also, you can now make out our front porch. 
 This place is finally coming together!

Comments

Anonymous said…
So....theoretically, you could be in the master bathroom taking a gigantic crap on top of Zach's head!

Popular Posts