Mole Hills Out of Mountains

Sorry for the slacking on getting house updates up.  Believe it or not, I've been pretty busy.  It's now excuse, but I'll throw it out there and maybe it will stick with some of you.  Here is the current view of the house as of 7:30 am this morning.   It is looking great. 
One major change from the last few months was the work that I did on Monday and Tuesday of this week.  You probably won't even notice it until I tell you about it.   I had to move an enormous amount of dirt to make way for the water line coming from the well.  Wouldn't you know that the biggest pile of dirt would be right in the way!  Not a big deal, but it took a lot of time to move it.  I picked up a wheel loader (shown below) and put about 15 hours on it moving dirt.  I worked until 1am on Monday night and then started working again on Tuesday morning.  I love running equipment, but 15 hours over a day is a lot.    A note for Sarah:  If you are looking for things to get me for Christmas, I would like a Wacker Neuson WL30 Wheel Loader, like the one I rented and shown in the pic below.  It is awesome!
The best part is now the front view of our house isn't obstructed with a huge pile of dirt.  The bad news is that I have a pile of dirt in back that will probably take me another 15 hours to spread.  No peace unto the wicked!

Comments

Popular Posts