People of Walmart

Sarah, India and I took a morning trip to town to get a few gifts and groceries. Normally we try to make it to Walmart before 11am (that's about the time the weirdo's wake up and start shopping).  Unfortunately, we ran a little long while shopping at Gap, Lowes and Toy's R Us, so we didn't get to Walmart until around 12:30.  One comment...BIG mistake. 
If you have to go to Walmart heed my advice and go early....before the crackheads wake up.  A few other reasons to go early....it gets packed after noon.  It was really uncomfortable trying to squeeze through aisles. Also, all the parolees give you the stink eye like they're going to shiv you for saying "excuse me" when you try to squeeze past them after they've been blocking the aisle for 10 minutes arguing with their trailer park baby mama and trying to decide how many cases of Pabst Blue Ribbon they need for the night.  It is ridiculous.  Walmart needs to have an on site vasectomy clinic...and when you enter, you should be required to take an aptitude test.  If you don't score high enough, it should be a requirement that you get a vasectomy before shopping. 
On a similar shopping note, what is with every retailer out there bombarding you to give to random charities?  Every store we went to requested that we give money to a particular cause and we saw a group collecting funds at the stoplight and there was a group selling stuff outside of walmart.  This whole fundraising thing is getting ridiculous too.  I think people are going to get to the point where they stop giving because everyone has something every week.
At Toys R Us, Sarah and I both clearly told the cashier that we did not want to give.  When we got our receipt, I'm not sure why I was surprised to see that the cashier (who will surely always wear a name tag) had put on an amount to give to some random charity (probably The Human Fund).  I had to go back and request that they remove the amount.  Again...ridiculous.   

With that, I'll end my rant for the day.  Aunt Nana, Emma and Isaac are watching India tonight while Sarah and I head out to dinner and An Evening of Art and Wine.  It should be a good night!

Comments

Popular Posts