King of Clark County?

Like my wife already said, "It's about time". After a long year for me, I finally smoked a nice 10 pointer last weekend. It was actually a tough weekend for me. I actually shot a monster the day before this one, but I couldn't find him. I hit him a little far back (I think it was a liver shot) and he pumped great blood for about 400 yards before stopping in some tall grass.
I hate it when I put a hit on a great deer and then can't find it. I would rather miss altogether than to hit one and know that he is going to lay down and die somewhere, but I won't find him.
I was actually setting up for another huge buck that I kicked up in the morning. I got back into the woods late (no thanks to you Sarah) because I was watching the kid. How can any hunter be expected to watch a kid during season? It doesn't seem right. Anyway, if it wasn't for Sarah, I wouldn't have got to the woods late and probably wouldn't have got this one. So, maybe a half thanks should go her way and half thanks to my kid. I put a climber up near where I've seen a beast and I was hoping that he would come my way.

The beast of the woods didn't show that night, but this guy came by me about 45 minutes after I got settled in. I'm pretty happy with him....and now I'm wanting more. Let's hope the beast of the woods isn't out over the long weekend......I think I have something for him if he is!

Comments

Popular Posts