State Fair Madness

We had a great trip the Indiana State Fair this year. I cranked out a huge plate of loaded cheese fries and some nice chocolate and peanut butter fudge. And, I got a refillable root beer mug that treated me pretty well. Sarah went with a lemon shakeup that was 10 times better than the one we had a the fair in Terre Haute.
I used to think that I was the worst dad ever, but can you imagine if I would have forgotten the stroller? Well....Brian did just that. I don't even think it was that he forgot it; I think he intentionally left it at home because he was too lazy to load it in the car and he wanted to make Somer carry the kid all day while he looked at ladies.
We had a few good highlights from this years Fair. First, how about the "Pigs in the Mud" ---- chocolate covered bacon. For $5 you could get two chocolate covered strips of bacon. What a deal! Can anyone explain to me while we're all so fat?
Another highlight.....a thousand pound sculpture made of pure cheese. Come on, how can you not appreciate something like this? Can you imagine how big of a grilled cheese sandwich you could make? Can you imagine how many days it would before you became regular again after eating it? Perhaps my favorite display at the fair was the sand sculpture showing a "provocative" scene (to put it lightly. Look at the above picture and tell me that you don't see the sand rising up at a certain part of the males body...tell me you don't see the lady casually sitting by (dressed in her short skirt) checking it out. Also, you may want to up-size this picture and see Sarah in the background pointing out the display.
The kid was probably the biggest winner from this years fair. Look at her, she's crazy. She is just like her dad and eats this stuff up. I can't wait until she is a little older and chubby like I was and has a mullet like I had, so I can take her to the fair and share a corn dog, a lemon shakeup, and a good conversation about why you should go to college in order to avoid being a carnie.

Comments

mary said…
ok. those were pretty good. i am mad i missed the cheese sculptures. i did get to witness the pig races though. brian does suck for forgetting the stroller!!

Popular Posts