Just a few Friday thoughts

It's Friday again. I don't know why it surprises me every week that Friday happens again.
It's kind of odd, I woke again this morning (just like every Friday) and I'm somehow shocked and surprised that it's Friday. It's that crazy, happy feeling that I think my dog probably gets when I come home every day. He's so excited to see me every time I come home. It's almost like I've been gone for a year and he never thought I was coming back (even though I had only been gone a few hours).
It's been a good week for me. I've been really busy.
Like every Friday, I find myself scrambling around to get ready for next week here at the office and I have a thousand thoughts in my head about what I have to do this weekend. I'm thinking that this weekend will be a little more mellow for me. I've got the standard pre-weekend question from Sarah...."where are you taking me to eat". I have Texas Roadhouse in mind, but truth be told, I always have Texas Roadhouse in mind. I may change it up a bit though and take her to see this sappy girl movie she has been wanting to see. I'm not going to lie though, I can stand the chick flick as long as I get movie popcorn (with extra butter). If only Brooke Burke was in the movie.....yes.....Brooooooooke.

Tomorrow night, we're headed to John and Tonya's house for poker. I'll apologize to all family members and friends now.....I'm sorry for taking your money. It's not that I want to take your money, it's just that you happen to be sitting at a poker table playing with me. There's only one way this situation can end and that is with you walking away from the table busted out.
Sunday will involve going to work at a rental for a little while and then heading to the home show to work at the Habitat for Humanity booth.
I've got to get a few good workouts in this weekend and get back on track, as I've been sitting around eating Twinkies for about 4 months now. I can't hide behind the "I'm too busy" statement that a lot of people use. Am I busy? Yes. Am I too busy to find time to work out? No. I've just been lazy. I could be like 99.99% of the older insurance agents I know and turn into a fat, balding man, but I don't think I like that idea. I think I should probably get off the couch and start running more. The weather is looking good lately, so I should start pouring it on.
It'll be my own little "Biggest Loser" contest. I'm thinking that I should drop about 20 lbs. That's a nice round number.

Looking ahead, we're closed next Friday. That means it's a 3 day weekend. Wooo-hooo.
One of the great things about our office is that we can close when we want. Not that we close too often, but it's nice to be able to say, "you know what, we should close on Friday".

Looking further ahead, it was announced that Chuck Liddell will be fighting Rashad Evans in London. That's bad new for Rashad and his previously undefeated record. This fight is just calling me and here is why: 1) Chuck Liddell is my favorite fighter and he happens to be fighting in London, 2) I've never been to London, 3) London is the birthplace of insurance and a major hub for insurance syndicates, and 4) I'm the biggest insurance nerd in the Midwest. When you couple all of these facts together, it's makes perfect sense that I should be at this fight. I'll be writing a letter to Chuck next week and relaying this information. I'm sure he will see my point and send me tickets.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts