One Step Closer

We're one step closer to having mom and dad's place completely finished. Last weekend, dad, Clint, Herbie and I poured around 8 yards of concrete. There is now a large approach and wide sidewalks leading up to the front entrance and side garage entrance. It's not perfect, but I think it came out OK. Not bad for a bunch of amateurs.

If you've never poured concrete, I suggest that you don't ever volunteer to do it. It's not very fun for most people because it's messy, hot, and pretty hard on your back and knees. I don't mind it too much since you can actually see how much you've accomplished as soon as you're done.

Now all we have left is the pole barn that dad has been wanting to build; and possibly a back deck. (I think the pole barn is coming first) Let the madness continue.



Comments

PiggHunter said…
Why is it you guys always do the fun stuff when I am not there?
Anonymous said…
Yeah, I was asking where you were. Slacker!

Popular Posts