Karma Wins Again

Caught my truck on fire tonight.  Let me explain...last night when I was driving home in my truck Roy, my brakes began to make a horrible sounds and it felt like they were locking up and grinding.  I parked it when I got home and drove the Saturn today.  Convinced that I could fix it, I came home after work and jacked it up and found that something was messed up more than I originally thought.  Zach suggested that is was the ball joints.  I called a friend who said to bring it by and he would have it fixed tomorrow...great....problem solved.  One problem, I had to get it to his shop.  I was fairly certain that I could make it the short 9 miles to his shop.  WRONG.   About 4 miles into the trip something up front broke.  My brakes seemed to lock up on the right front side. My right front tire tilted in.  Sparks began to fly.  I could hear metal begin to grind.  I made it to the shop just in time.  Fire erupted from under my truck as I jumped out.  I sprinted in a panic and asked for a fire extinguisher to put it out before my whole truck went up in flames.  After emptying a whole extinguisher I assessed the damage.  It was a mess of melted rubber, twisted metal, and blazing red hot brakes.  Not good.  Now I'm no mechanic, but from the look of things, it looks like it will be an expensive fix.  The damage looks pretty bad to me.  Maybe I won't be getting my truck back tomorrow after all.
Karma.  Life got me again. 

Comments

Popular Posts