Deer #1 of the 2006 season returns...

I picked up my early bow kill from last season a few days ago. The taxidermy was done by Thad Cummins at Cummins Taxidermy in Brocton, Illinois. Thad did a great job, which is good, because he has another beast of mine that I shot later in the season that is scheduled to be done in the next couple of months.

Needless to say, Sarah and I have differing opinions in regard to where the deer should be displayed. I feel that it should be displayed in the living room (until I get to build my dedicated game room....aka "The Man Room"). Sarah feels that the work of art should be kept in the dark in one of our spare bedrooms.

A compromise hasn't been reached yet, which means we'll settle it the old fashioned way.....she complains until I can no longer hold out and have to give in; then I complain until she wishes we never would have met. In the end, we'll both lose, but the deer will be the one who truly suffers from it all.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think I'm on board with Sarah. It needs to be in a very dark, dark room. :)
Ridiculous. Comments like that will get you added to the sites permanently banned list!

It's art.

Popular Posts