We miss you Tonya! (posted by Sarah)


Well... Daniel is taking care of India, so I finally have a few minutes to get on the computer. I was thinking of Tonya today, like everyday, and how much we all miss her. Tonya and Dana bought India a diaper bag for my baby shower, so everytime I use it, I am reminded of her. It always brings a smile to my face when I see it, even if I am reaching for a baby wipe to change a poopy diaper! I wish India could have met her. I wanted to post one of my favorite pictures of Tonya. I didn't feel it appropriate to include for the slideshow at the church service (even though I thought about slipping it in there), so I am posting it here. From the looks of it, she probably took my money the night this picture was taken. This picture always makes me smile! This is how I remember Tonya... happy, smiling, goofy, and enjoying life.

We love and miss you Tonya.
Please join us for a breakfast and yard sale on April 25th at the WTH American Legion. All proceeds go to the Tonya Edwardson Scholarship Fund.

Comments

Brian said…
What a great picture, what a great smile! Well said Sarah and thanks for sharing.....I can hear her precious laugh as I look at that picture.
mary said…
i always think of tonya when i curl my hair. at a gathering at grandma's earlier this year, tonya was telling dana to begin curling on the back part of her hair because the iron is very hot at the beginning. that way the front will not become so damaged and dry. funny how crazy shit like that sticks with you.
Dana said…
Hey Sarah, So I this is the first time I have been able to check the blog in awhile. I just wanted to say thanks for always thinking of mom. She was so excited when you found out about India; I think we spend almost two hours in the baby store! The whole family has been such a great support the past couple months.

Oh and Mary, how random is it that I remember her saying that? Ever since that day I have started from the back. Just because everytime I do my hair I think of her saying that.

Love you all.
Brian said…
Is Tonya the one who coined me as Dr. Phil? That weekend was a blast! Lets not forget her hitting me in the head with her paddle as I gasp for air! Haha that was so funny!
Anonymous said…
Rita said, Tonya I miss you and loved you very much. You always said John was a Momma'a boy and he was, but you did a good job finishing him up. You also did a good job raising Dana.
erin sabla said…
i will greatly miss her. i remember staying the night with her sometimes when i was little. she was a kindest person that i have ever met. when people that work at the middle school who have met her realize that i was related to her, i get soo many different stories about her and they make me laugh and cry because they are great memories that will never die. i think that tonya left a part of her with everyone she met. she made them feel better no matter what was going on that day, at least she did for me anyways. her smile would brighten a room and make everyone else happy and smile too. she cared about everyone and that is something i will truely miss. the note she wrote me is the greatest thing i have ever recieved. it means the world to me. it is a perfect way to remember a great person. tonya i really miss you.

Popular Posts